2018 is right around the corner and as soon as the last seconds of 2017 are over, an emphatic “Happy New Year!” will be echoed throughout Europe in dozens of languages!
No matter in what part of the world you are, here’s how to impress your friends with greeting 2018 in different languages around the world.
- Italian: Buon anno!
- Dutch: Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
- Swahili: Heri ya mwaka mpya!
- Franch: Bonne Année!
- Afrikaans: Gelukkige nuwe jaar!
- Albanian: Gezuar Vitin e Ri!
- Arabic: Kul ‘am wa antum bikhair!
- Spanish: ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
- Bulgarian: Chestita Nova Godina!
- Chinese: Xin Nian Kuai Le!
- Czech: Stastný Novy rok (or Stastny Novy rok)
- Denish: Godt Nytar!
- Norwegian: Godt nytt år!
- Russian: S novym godom!
- German: Frohes neues Jahr!
- Japanese (pre-midnight): Yoi otoshi o
Japanese (after midnight): Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu
- Hindi: Naye Saal Ki Shubhkamnaye!
Wish all your friends in their country’s language and spread the happiness.
Do you know how to say “Happy New Year” in a language that’s not included on our list? Let us know in the comments.